Thursday, September 16, 2010


Not a particularly wonderful picture, but these were some of the guys we met last weekend when we spent the most wonderful day down at Lake Victoria. Almost as soon as we got there, a group of kids gathered around us, that happens almost everywhere here in Uganda. It's the most bizarre thing, we can't even walk down the road without little children coming up to hold our hands. Apparently, it's good luck to walk down the street with a "mazungu" so we generally attract a bit of a crowd wherever we go. Anyways, these boys live in a little village right on the lake, and we got to watch them do their washing and get water from the lake, then they spent the afternoon with us. The little one in the red, he's my boyfriend. He avoided me like the plague at first, I think my camera scared him, but after I started teaching them to make funny faces (as is demonstrated in the picture) it was love. I can't wait to go back this weekend, it's so much fun to just sit and enjoy the culture, the people, and nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment