Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's crazy how even the hard days here are some of the best I've ever had in my life. All morning, I was struggling so much with a number of (incredibly stupid) things, and nothing was easing the troubled feeling I had in my soul - I think part of it might have been that I kept falling asleep during my quiet time this morning, when I don't spend proper time with God in the morning, I can usually feel it for the rest of the day, like I've missed out something amazing and necessary. Anyways, so since it's Wednesday and we have the afternoon free until  work duty, I decided to take some time to go into Wairaika (I really don't feel like I spelled that one right..) and get rolex and chapatti for lunch. Luce and Kelli went into Jinja, and Will was busy with homework, so I ended up going by myself, and it was exactly what I needed... walking down the dirt roads, listening to John Denver, and just praising God for His perfect creation, it put everything in my heart right back where it needed to be. On the way, I met up with a group of Ugandan schoolgirls, I'd say they were about eleven or twelve years old, they didn't seem to understand what I was saying when I asked, but after we realized that they couldn't speak much English, and my Luganda vocabulary thus-far consists of about two or three words, on a good day, we settled for a middle ground of Swahili praise songs. It was such an absolutely beautiful experience - one of the things I think God has been really opening my eyes to while being here is that He is a God above all language or cultural barriers. I had never even though about that, but the other day, when Musaki was talking about what it really meant to be a missionary, he was saying that he can talk to his God in a million different languages, and He reciprocates accordingly, and it really struck me just how entirely vast God really is, and that was just confirmed today.

It's so beautiful here, like words will never explain. I've already cancelled my initial plane ticket home, I'm here until God absolutely forces me out of this country, and I'm praying that will never happen. I could honestly spend the rest of my life here and not feel like I missed out on anything.

1 comment:

  1. Crying again.
    Please keep writing this stuff down.
    I love hearing your heart.

    ReplyDelete